While 1 in 7 people in the U.S. face hunger, the number is almost double that in our area, with 1 in 4 people not knowing where their next meal will come from.
What is Camp Out?
Preston & Steve started “camping out” in 1998 in the parking lot of the Adam’s Mark Hotel on City Live Avenue to collect food and give back to their community. The result: 2,000 pounds of food. Now, nineteen years later, it is Philabundance’s largest food drive each year AND the country’s largest single location food drive! In 2015, Camp Out fans and partners donated more than one million pounds equaling more than one million meals to help feed our neighbors in need!
When is Camp Out?
The 2016 Preston and Steve Camp Out for Hunger will run from Monday, November 28th – Friday December 2nd at Xfinity Live! Learn more at www.wmmr.com/campout.
What is Philabundance?
Philabundance is the region’s largest hunger relief organization, serving more than 90,000
people per week — 30% of whom are children and 15% are seniors — in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania and Western Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Salem Counties in New Jersey. It distributes food directly to people in need through its own programs and a network of approximately 350 agencies,including food cupboards, pantries and shelters. Hunger hits every zip code, including yours.
Most Needed Items:
- Creamy peanut butter (Plastic containers only)
- Canned/shelf-stable meats (Including tuna)
- Shelf stable white milk
- Canned beef stew
- Canned chili
- Breakfast cereal or hot cereal
- Nuts/ trail mix
- Whole wheat pasta
- Brown Rice
- Jelly (plastic containers only)
- Canned fruits and vegetables (low salt, no high fructose corn syrup)
Please Do Not Donate
- Beverages of any kind, including bottled water, juice or sugary drinks
- Potato chips, cookies and other unhealthy snacks
- Seasonal Items (i.e. cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie mix, peppermint flavored items, holiday themed items)
- Bread and baked goods, which are not suitable because they go bad quickly
The 2018 Camp Out For Hunger wrapped on November 30th, 2018.
We were able to deliver over 97,000 pounds of food to benefit Philabundance.
That is almost 10,000 pounds more than we did in 2017!
Thanks to everyone that helped us Make it Better for those in need!