When you’re looking for a used vehicle that’s backed by coverage in Philadelphia, Doylestown, Mechanicsburg, and Flemington, you have some choices to consider. You can opt to buy a certified pre-owned model that comes equipped with a factory warranty or choose any used car and purchase an extended warranty. What’s the difference between these two? The team from Fred Beans is here to let you know.
In our certified pre-owned vs. extended warranty guide below, you’ll learn about these two options and why they’re beneficial, so you can make a choice based on your personal needs and preferences. Let’s jump right in and see which one is best for you!
What is Certified Pre-Owned?
A certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicle is a special type of previously owned model that undergoes a thorough multi-point inspection by a certified professional. It must also meet high standards and qualifications dealing with mileage and model year to ensure it’s in near-new condition.
Additionally, a CPO vehicle is sold with coverage that extends past the vehicle’s original warranty. This is great for extra assurance in case something happens to your model.
What Is an Extended Warranty?
Available for any used car on the market, an extended warranty is an insurance policy that protects your vehicle in the case of an emergency. An extended warranty is bought at the dealership when you purchase your car or bought later through warranty companies. They offer peace of mind on vehicles that haven’t gone through such extensive inspections.
Extended warranty coverage varies depending on the seller. However, you can find contracts that include anything from zero deductible on repairs to parts coverage and much more.
Benefits of Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles
- Backed by the manufacturer: Since CPO models include warranty coverage straight from the brand, you’ll have plenty of service centers to choose from. Plus, they’re available nationwide, so if you’re on a trip, you’ll be covered.
- They’ve been inspected: While all used cars receive an inspection before they hit the lot, CPO inspections are much more thorough. When evaluating the vehicle, the certified technician uses a multi-point checklist that often has 100+ areas to assess.
- Extras are included: Though every brand’s CPO program differs, there’s typically a list of benefits that are added on top of warranty coverage. This can include free roadside assistance, concierge service, trip interruption coverage, and even trials of satellite radio.
Benefits of Extended Warranties
- Available for any car: No matter what type of model you purchase, you can find an extended warranty to match it. This is regardless of the vehicle’s age, condition, or mileage, allowing you to have a larger selection of vehicles to choose from.
- Can be backed by the automaker: While a lot of extended warranties come from third-party companies, manufacturers can also offer extended warranty programs that give you all the perks that come along with brand-backed coverage.
- Coverage varies: Every extended warranty has different coverage and stipulations. However, this lets you truly customize your warranty depending on your needs. Plus, there are tons of warranties available, making it easy for every type of driver to find one that’s suitable.
Certified Pre-Owned vs Extended Warranties: The Choice is Yours
As you can see, both of these options are great for drivers in the Philadelphia, Doylestown, Mechanicsburg, and Flemington region. All you have to do is pick the one that’s best for your personal needs. Luckily, Fred Beans offers both CPO models as well as extended warranty coverage!
To speak to a professional on our team who knows everything about these options, contact us or visit our lot today. We’re excited to help you find a used vehicle that’s backed by a warranty, so you can have extra assurance on the road.