Is your check engine light on? Don’t Panic!
Let any of the 14 Fred Beans Service locations check it out for FREE!
Fred Beans Family of Dealerships is proud to announce the all-new FREE OF CHARGE Check Engine Light Diagnosis! You know and trust Fred Beans because we’ve offered the same reliable service for over 50 years. Well, we’re making things even easier for our customers and their vehicles!
Your CHECK ENGINE light may flash or illuminate for a variety of different reasons ranging from a loose gas cap to a poorly functioning oxygen sensor, or a catalytic converter that needs replacing. Whatever it may be, it should not be ignored. Let us tell you what may be going on for FREE. Below is a list of a few of the possible problems that could cause your CHECK ENGINE light to go on.
- Problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or circuit
- Engine Running Too Lean or Too Rich
- Misfiring Cylinders
- Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- Insufficient EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Flow
- Catalyst System Efficiency below Threshold
These are just a few of the hundreds of codes, causes, and symptoms.
Solid vs. Flashing
- If your Check Engine Light is solid, it could be something as simple as a lose gas cap or dip stick to an engine running with too much or too little air mixed with your gas.
- If your Check Engine Light is flashing, your vehicle is telling you it needs attention immediately! This should be checked right away to avoid mechanical breakdown or damage to vital engine components.
It’s that easy!