Fred Beans is proud to be part of a charitable group, Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation, which is designed specifically for local auto dealers to give back to their communities. The mission of the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation is to enhance and enrich the lives of children and youth in the communities auto dealer members work and live. We want the public to know that we are small business owners who believe in the power of giving back and that we are More Than Auto Dealers.
The Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation is distributing a record 51,696 brand-new winter coats to area children in need this month. Approximately 7,000 new coats will be distributed in Bucks County specifically. The effort is part of the eleventh annual Driving Away the Cold program, which involves nearly 180 local auto dealers teaming up for the greater good. One in six children in the Greater Philadelphia region lives in poverty and a warm winter coat is one of the essential items they often live without. This program aims to change that.
Being a part of this organization means that Fred Beans Family of Dealerships also participates, donates, and volunteers with the other aspects of the Auto Dealers Association of Greater Philadelphia (ADAGP) which include:
- Donating more than 315,000 brand new winter coats to local children in need through our Driving Away the Cold program that takes place every fall.
- The Black Tie Tailgate,which continues to grow in size, scope and its level of philanthropic giving. In 2018, more than $600,000 was raised for Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia through the event!
- Approximately 90,000 families each year find comfort and important knowledge in the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation Patient Welcome Center at Children’s Hospital, which was funded through a multi-million dollar pledge by the Foundation.
- Every spring, the Foundation hosts a automotive technology competition that awards more than $1 million in scholarships and prizes to the top automotive high school students in the region so they can further their education.
- The Foundation promotes and encourages a healthy lifestyle for today’s youth by supporting Healthy Kids Day at 30 area YMCAs every spring.
If you are interested in donating or finding out more about the Coats for Kids program, click on the link https://www.morethanautodealers.com/make-a-donation/