Happy Fall Car Care Month from your friends at Fred Beans! This October, we’re proud to provide drivers in the areas of Philadelphia, Doylestown, Mechanicsburg, and Flemington with helpful tips for taking care of their vehicles.
Below, you’ll find more information about Fall Car Care Month and how you can keep your vehicle in the best shape possible going into the winter months. Read ahead to learn more!
What is Fall Car Care Month?
Fall Car Care Month is one of the two months a year that the Car Care Council promotes car check-ups to ensure that your vehicle is in good working condition. The non-profit Car Care Council prides itself on being a source for all kinds of car care information including helpful tips, reminders about taking care of your vehicle, and staying safe on the road.
Why is Fall Car Care Month in October?
Fall Car Care Month is the month of October each year. The Car Care Council has selected this month, because it’s right when the seasons begin to change from warmer summer and fall weather to harsh winter conditions.
The winter months can do a number on your vehicle, especially if it isn’t in the best possible condition going into this season. By taking proper precautions before the winter season starts, you can go into the winter weather confidently.
What to Do During Fall Car Care Month
There are a handful of things that you’ll want to do during Fall Car Care Month to make sure your vehicle is in the best shape possible. During Fall Car Care Month, you’ll want to check…
- All the fluids in your vehicle including engine oil, brake fluid, transmission fluid, and windshield washer fluid. Top them off if necessary.
- Hoses and belts for cracking, fraying, and other excessive wear and tear.
- Tires for low pressure, uneven wear, bulges, or strange bald spots.
- All electrical systems for functionality including heating, cooling, lighting, and windshield wipers.
- The steering and suspension system to ensure that your shock absorbers, struts, ball joints, and tie rod ends are in good condition.
- Everything about the engine including power output, fuel economy, emission levels, and potential overheating.
- The battery for corrosion and loose connections.
Many of these car components can be checked in the comfort of your own garage or driveway if you have the proper knowledge and tools to do so. However, you can always have your vehicle looked at by a professional.
Get Excited for Fall Car Care Month!
We at Fred Beans hope that you’re just as excited as we are for Fall Car Care Month. If you’d rather have a service professional take a look at your vehicle, bring it down to our convenient, on-site service center. Our team of expertly trained service technicians would be happy to help you get things squared away this Fall Car Care Month.
Drivers in Philadelphia, Doylestown, Mechanicsburg, and Flemington should give us a call today with any questions they may have or to schedule a service appointment!