Charge Health Activated
Best Diets 2019
Find the Most Popular Diets of 2019 here!
Eating on a Budget
Plan and Prepare for Your Shopping Trip:
- Plan your meals for the week, including snacks.
- Check your pantry and refrigerator before shopping.
- Check your grocery store flyer for sales and coupons.
- Plan your list by aisle to avoid unnecessary temptations.
- Don’t go to the store when you are hungry!
At the Store:
- Shop the perimeter and focus on whole foods vs prepackaged foods.
- Buy fresh fruits and veggies when they are in season. The next best thing is frozen!
- Choose whole grains (bread, rice, pasta).
- Great inexpensive protein sources include dried beans, eggs, and nuts. Lean beef and chicken, as well as canned salmon and tuna, are also great protein sources.
- Choose low-fat dairy sources, such as part skim milk and cheeses.
Grocery Store Tips:
- Consider buying store brand items that may be a cheaper alternative.
- Don’t cave in to the desire to buy junk food- stay out of those aisles. Save the money and the calories!
- Look at the Unit price, as well as the retail price. It may help you determine if it is actually cheaper to buy the larger option. To determine the best price look at the unit price: Cost of food divided by the number of units in the product.
- Read the food labels to find the options that are lower in sodium and saturated fats.