7 Ways to Fight Back this Cold & Flu Season
Homemade Crispy Baked Potato Peel Chips
The next time you are peeling potatoes for you next homemade meal, consider saving the potato peels for this delicious snack! This recipe creates no food waste and is clean eating alternative to store bought chips.
Easy Pizza Chicken Bake for a Satisfying Meal
8 Ways to Boost Your Immune System to Prepare for Cold & Flu Season
Bruschetta Chicken Casserole for a Delicious Clean Eating Dinner Idea
Quick and Easy Fresh Green Salsa Verde Chicken
This two part recipe is sure to make your mouth water!
Homemade Crock-Pot Applesauce Recipe Just in Time for Autumn
Try this Tangy Broccoli Slaw Salad Packed with Nutrients
Mediterranean Grassfed Beef Meatballs for Yummy Clean Eats
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats for a Healthy Twist on Taco Night
Clean Eating Chocolate Chip Blender Banana Bread
11 Most Nutrient-Dense Foods on the Planet
13 Easy Meal Prep Recipes for Weight Loss From Pinterest
Nightshade Foods List: What Nightshades Are, Health Benefits and Concerns
Foods High in Polyphenols to Add to Your Diet
Tips to Enjoy a Healthy Picnic and BBQ Season
7 Tips for a Healthy Holiday
Nervous that the upcoming holiday is going to ruin your progress? CHARGE Dietitian Emily has 7 tips to enjoy Thanksgiving and other holidays without losing sight of your health and wellness!
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest pumpkin pie ever baked weighed 2,020 pounds and measured just over 12 feet long. It was made with 900 pounds of pumpkin, 62 gallons of evaporated milk, 155 dozen eggs, 300 pounds of sugar, 3.5 pounds of salt, 7 pounds of cinnamon and 2 pounds of pumpkin spice!
Recipe of the Month:
Delicata Squash Bake
Enticed by the winter squash selection at your local grocer, but don’t know where to start? Look no further than our Delicata Squash Bake! Delicata squash, sometimes called a “sweet potato squash,” has a sweet and earthy flavor. Try this recipe for dinner, or even bring it to your next holiday party!
88 Acres: Simply Seeds. Wholesomely Crafted
Check out 88 Acres great selection of seed butters, seed granola bars, and granola made free of peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, dairy, eggs, soy and sesame! Allergy friendly, very tasty and CHARGE RD- Approved!
Use code “88CHARGE” at checkout for 20% off your first order at 88acres.com
*If you have not met with a CHARGE dietitian and are interested in scheduling an appointment, please click the link above!
The Charge Group
2002 Sproul Rd. Suite 200
Broomall PA 19008-3510
Charge Health Activated
Best Diets 2019
Find the Most Popular Diets of 2019 here!
Eating on a Budget
Plan and Prepare for Your Shopping Trip:
- Plan your meals for the week, including snacks.
- Check your pantry and refrigerator before shopping.
- Check your grocery store flyer for sales and coupons.
- Plan your list by aisle to avoid unnecessary temptations.
- Don’t go to the store when you are hungry!
At the Store:
- Shop the perimeter and focus on whole foods vs prepackaged foods.
- Buy fresh fruits and veggies when they are in season. The next best thing is frozen!
- Choose whole grains (bread, rice, pasta).
- Great inexpensive protein sources include dried beans, eggs, and nuts. Lean beef and chicken, as well as canned salmon and tuna, are also great protein sources.
- Choose low-fat dairy sources, such as part skim milk and cheeses.
Grocery Store Tips:
- Consider buying store brand items that may be a cheaper alternative.
- Don’t cave in to the desire to buy junk food- stay out of those aisles. Save the money and the calories!
- Look at the Unit price, as well as the retail price. It may help you determine if it is actually cheaper to buy the larger option. To determine the best price look at the unit price: Cost of food divided by the number of units in the product.
- Read the food labels to find the options that are lower in sodium and saturated fats.