When summer comes to Philadelphia, Doylestown, Mechanicsburg, and Flemington, you’ll want to take advantage of the warm weather. For some people, that means cruising down to your favorite ice cream or water ice shop to cool down. For others, it means spending more time at the beach or out on the water at Peace Valley Park.
No matter what your plans are for the summer months, they’ll be better when you’re equipped with the right vehicle. Read on to see what Fred Beans considers to be the top 10 warm weather vehicles!
Let Your Top Down
1. Ford Mustang Convertible: This retrolicious muscle car has plenty of power under the hood, so you can zoom down the road with ease. Dual-zone climate control is available to keep you and your front passenger cool when the top is up. Plus, you can opt for a 6-speed manual transmission for a more active drive.
2. Volkswagen Beetle Convertible: If you’re looking for something a little more compact, check out the iconic VW Beetle Convertible. Let the top back to enjoy fresh air as you cruise down Main Street. Available turbo-charged engines let you have even more fun on the highway.
3. Jeep Wrangler: Want to do some off-road exploration this summer? Nothing beats the Jeep Wrangler, which was built to take on tough trails. Plus, the Wrangler takes the open-air experience even further. In addition to a removable roof, you can also take off the doors and windows—even fold down the windshield.
Carry a Kayak
4. Hyundai Tucson: When you want room for your gear—whether you’re going camping or down the shore—look for a compact SUV like the Hyundai Tucson. This model offers features like tinted glass, which can help keep the hot summer sun out.
5. Subaru Forester: In addition to interior space, each Subaru Forester model also comes with roof rails, so you can pack more gear overhead. So go ahead, take your kayaks, surfboards, or bicycles on your next outdoor adventure.
6. Nissan Pathfinder: With three rows of seating, the Nissan Pathfinder makes it easy to bring the whole family along—and then some. This full-size SUV offers an efficient continuously variable transmission, which allows you to go farther between fuel stops.
7. GMC Acadia: This is another 3-row SUV that’s great for family vacations once the kids are out of school for the summer. Choose a model with a rear-seat entertainment system, and they’ll be too preoccupied to ask, “are we there yet?”
Bring All Your Toys Along
8. Ford F-150: Ford trucks are tough enough to tow your toys to the lake or even haul a lightweight camper. If it’s just you and a buddy, you can choose a regular-cab configuration. Meanwhile, extended and crew cab models allow you to bring more friends along.
9. Toyota Tacoma: Take your camping trip up a notch with the Tacoma. In particular, you may want to check out the Tacoma TRD—its advanced off-road capabilities allow you to set up camp even farther from civilization.
10. Ram 1500: This muscular truck has towing and payload capabilities that rival the Ford F-150. An available oil cooler prevents your transmission from overheating, even when you’re carrying a heavy load up to the mountains.
Find Your Perfect Warm Weather Vehicle Today!
Many of the cars, trucks, and SUVs on this list offer additional features to keep you comfortable throughout the summer. Options like dual- or tri-zone automatic climate control, ventilated front seats, solar control glass, a panoramic sunroof, and more are great things to look out for.
Which of these top 10 warm weather vehicles fits your summer plans for Philadelphia, Doylestown, Mechanicsburg, and Flemington? Browse the inventory at Fred Beans to see if it’s in stock near you. Then, contact us to schedule a test drive!